Warwickshire County Council is currently proposing improvements to be made in Stratford Upon Avon town centre. Three streets are being targeted, these include Bridge Street, High Street and Union Street.
The proposals include measures which:
- Prioritise pedestrians and cyclists over motorised traffic.
- Give more space to pedestrians and make it easier for people to move around.
- Discourage traffic from using town centre streets.
- Create a more attractive and pleasant space for people to be in.
- Remove all on-street parking, other than for blue badge holders.
- Retain the existing level of provision for buses.
Their consultation page is now live and can be accessed through the following link. The consultation will close on the 5th of June 2022.